Tuesday, October 4, 2016

October 4th

We made it to the Disney Halloween party- It took Rainey and I a little over two hours to get there in afternoon traffic and 27 minutes to get back at midnight. We met up with Matthew and his mom about 6 pm for Mickey's Halloween party and had lots of fun- we were able to go on 8 rides and the only two I had been on before were the Haunted Mansion and the Pirates - all the rest were more grown up then we are used to riding with more roller coasting type of rides - so by the time we got to the Halloween parade my back was literally in intense pain, it was so bad I could not enjoy the parade and the walk back to the car was painful! when I got home I took some Tylenol and put some Bengay on my back and went to sleep and it was so much better in the morning - I just think it was all of the jerking and pulling and twists and turns-
The next day Rainey got a  call for an on camera audition for a new movie that it getting ready to film- she would play the daughter of Reece Witherspoon- and it  had to be in by Wednesday at 5 pm but I was planning on leaving for Alaska on Wednesday at 6am and so Tom wanted to get it done on Tuesday and so we asked Cerris if she was available to coach Rainey before going down to do the self tape and so Cerris came over at 4 pm and we went to self tape at 6:30 and were home about 7:30- actually about 8pm because we went to the store before coming home and at that point I decided that I would not be leaving for Alaska at 6 am - meaning the plane was leaving LAX at 6am which meant getting up in just a few hours and so I made a decision to change my ticket and leave on the last flight out the next day which gave me a whole extra day before having to go to Alaska - which I spent working with Rainey on schoolwork - the first quarter ends on October 14th and so I am making sure we are on track - which I feel entirely comfortable that we are just by the progress we are making  .. on one of our math programs I decided to go back and start with doing all of 2nd grade as a review before doing the 3rd grade curriculum - she skimmed through that pretty easy only two items I found were not clear and those were geometry - and the metric system for measuring - but after a week of focusing on nothing but these items I am pretty sure we have it down - in the process of working on these items we also ended up completing 53% of the 3rd grade math curriculum in this program - at any rate I won't digress to school :) so onto Anchorage-

I landed at 4 am - I was supposed to go over to Adrienne's and sleep on her couch when I got my bags and warmed up the truck etc but I wanted to get out and check the house and the mail so I headed out to the valley around 5 am - not much traffic that time of day so I got out there about 5:40 and it was dark and I mean dark - normally we have lights on in the house and then Tom likes to keep a light on in front of the kitchen door and down by the garage and the cabin outside light is usually on and then 3 different areas lit around the shop but it was not lit up at all and the house was completely dark and it was raining  which made it look dark and spooky and so I decided not to check out the house  but to just check the mail and head back into town :) and come back when it was daylight and I could get everything turned back on - so by now I am starting to get tired so I get myself a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte and a sandwich and head back into Anchorage - by  6:30 and almost to Adrienne's I could barely and I mean barely stay awake but I made it and bless her heart she had put a sheet on the couch and had a pillow and blanket ready for me- we slept .. well I slept until about 8:30 and then decided to see if Baby Bear wanted some loves.. he was asleep but I got him and took him back to the living room and ...lets just say he woke up pretty quickly after lots of kisses and snuggles... I was with Adrienne until about 1:30 pm and then headed to the valley AGAIN-  ( I will be happy when I do not have to live in the valley and have to drive back and forth) - at any rate I am getting tired and need to get a cup of coffee and there is lots more to type about so I will get back to it later-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home