Summer
It has been hot up here. I realize that 80 in the states is not considered that hot but it seems really hot here. Not really outside but inside. I went and bought these giant and I mean giant, heavy duty fans to cool down the house and they do work but it sounds like the inside of an engine in the house when they are all going. I think part of the problem for us is that huge bank of windows and the sun that sets on that side of the house and so from about 6pm to 10 pm the sun just beats straight into the great room and it heats up like a sauna. If it is just a bit overcast in the evening that really helps cool the room down. We have two fans in our bedroom going and it is still 77 at night. We have two fans going in the upstairs living room and it is still pretty warm. I guess I am just used to being cold most of the time. When we are on vacation everything is air conditioned and so we dont have this issue. But, in Alaska it is only warm like this for such a short time of the year I guess you just have to grin and bear it.
Time to get the golf clubs out. I think we are going to go hit some balls tonight. I want to start taking Rainey over there and have her start hitting and doing some putting practice. We had planned on playing at least once a week this summer and it is already the middle of June so we had better get a move on that plan.
Rainey wants to take dance lessons. I put her in dance out here last summer and was not impressed with the place. She was not happy and so we ended up not going. But, now she wants to try again so I think I am going to try a place in Eagle River and see how that goes. Maybe pay for one class at a time to see if she likes it or if we need to change to a different class. She is just in between two age group classes the 2.5 year old to 4 year olds and then the 5 to 8 year olds. So there are a few choices we can make and see how it works out.
She went to Build a Bear yesterday with Adrienne to use her gift cards. They had a special back in December where you pay 5.00 for a 10.00 gift card and so we ended up with 5 of them and then she had a 25.00 gift card left over from her 3rd birthday to combine with it and was able to get a new bear and some accesories for it. She got the rainbow one with the broken leg set. Pretty darn cute.
I need to get a hair cut soon. It has been 2 months today. I really dislike having my hair cut or colored which is why I go so long between them but finally it gets to a point where I cannot stand it anymore. Which is now. Today. The only challenge is that she will not have an opening for at least another week unless their is a cancellation. Who knows. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home