Freedom
I am going to free myself from stuff. Seriously enough is enough. I am addicted to stuff. It does not matter what and I have it. I have so many shoes I could not possibly wear them all this year. I have some I have just worn once. I have a new yellow shirt and I wanted to wear my yellow striped Birkies with it on vacation and I looked all over the place, all over the bedroom and I could not find them. I thougth hmmm that is strange because I found the white, purple striped, pink, and dark yellow but not the striped yellow until today I went down into Adriennes old bedroom and in a basket there were my yellow striped birkies. I also found a gorgeous pair of soft green leather boots I bought a few years ago and completely forgot I had them. This is a serious issue. SERIOUS. If I am with you and I want to buy something say NO. I do not need any more clothes, shoes, or purses. I need to wear what I have for at least the next 5 years before I buy anything else. This includes makeup, household items, doo dads, picture frames, colorful, cute socks. NOTHING. I have an addiction. Its just that simple. I am going to make the decision right now not to buy anything that is not usable within a week as in food, toilet paper, laundry ect. That is my goal. When I went down to Portland I took what I had on and threw in my carryon one pair of underwear, my nighty and an extra pair of shorts. That was it. No extra shoes just in case just what I could throw in the bag and you know what it was liberating. Absolutely liberating to say the least. Loved the freedom.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home