Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

I used to do huge elaborate Mother's Day activities which usually meant spending the night somewhere. Now, I just  break it up with something on Saturday night and something on Sunday. I would do more of the overnight stuff but there is hardly anything open (Princess Lodges) until the 3rd week in May. I really want to ride the train to Denali and spend the night and come back the next day. Or go down to the Princess at Coopers Landing or the Princess up near St. Elias. So, we do dinner on Saturday night and usually a movie on Sunday. The dinner this time was at The Grape Tap. It is a little restaraunt in Wasilla that is seriously good but they are a small place and it is usually packed for the spur of the moment idea of "lets go to the Grape Tap for dinner". So, I made reservations for 5pm which is all they had for the next day. :) We  had three appetizers to share. The trio of dips , bread with a delicious sauce for dipping and  the cheese plate. I tried the red wine flight but was not impressed so sent two out of three back and got the white wine flight which turned out to be delicious. I had filet for dinner so did Adrienne and Renae had the thai chicken skewers. I had about half mine dinner and let Adrienne take the rest home. (She loves filet). When I got  home Rainey had a pile of presents for me all wrapped and looking quite beautiful. She and Tom had been shopping while I was at dinner. On Sunday the movie was Iron Man 3 which I loved. Renae did not go so it was just myself and Adrienne. Afterwards we bought some wood and marshmallows and sat out on the back porch with a fire. (it took about an  hour to get the fire going in the pouring down rain with kerosene as the final touch) and then we all sat around the fire in the cold, rain... marshmallows Alaskan style and enjoyed each others company. It was pretty great actually. Then the season finale of Survivor, a ham dinner capped off the day. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home