Saturday
I feel like I am completely off on my days with coming home on Monday and the last day of school on Tuesday which felt like Monday and yesterday I kept thinking it was Sunday instead of Saturday. Just very confusing. It is 6 am and I am up, have a load in the dishwasher as well as the washing machine. Love, love productive mornings. I just have to do some school work, go to the grocery store, clean out my car, buy more flowers, plant them ,shower, the play and more school work. I have been keeping the house clean. It is much easier to clean when it is just the three of us here. I guess I would not say it is clean but tolerable :) We are going to be turning the family room into an actual room for Rainey not to sleep in but to contain her toys in one room and fix it up cute for a little girls room. The family room is actually a super nice room with heated, tile floors. The floors are nice in the winter time but can make the room super warm. It also has its own bathroom and I am going to turn it into a little girls bathroom. I am debating on painting the walls in the family room eithr a soft pink or light purple or maybe a combo of both? We have two empty bedrooms downstairs now and Tom is turning one into his music room which takes all the music stuff off of the Mezzanine and I am going to put the big brown couch up there for a sitting area with the tv. The other room downstairs will be my storage and craft room. I already have a storage room downstairs but that is more for larger decorations and Holidays I am thinking more about books, wrapping paper, etc.
Seemed like such a huge amount of work for a small amount of flowers :) at any rate the four pots behind the flowers are all ready for me to buy more plants today. I have a ton of pots and planters ect. but when Tom brought them up from whereever they have lived this past winter or actually two winters since I did not do flowers last year they were full of leaves, and twigs and just yucky looking so I had to empty them out and re do the dirt and managed to get the dirt into these pots ready to go. They look pretty tiny right now but in a month I will have flowers, gorgeous flowers coming out of my ears... (not literally) :)
Then I started doing some in these planters that can line the sidewalk. I have seven right now and need at least ten more to completely line the sidewalk. You can also see our Memorial Day flags and spinners. Rainey really likes them and they are cute but I think I will take them down until a week before the 4th.
Here are some shots while I was working on the plants. You can see the giant pile of pots and complete mess. I love putting a table out while I work on flowers so that I do not have to bend.
Below is one of the flags lining the sidewalk.
As I was finishing up I asked Tom if he could get the house out and set up for summer so I could water the flowers. In the meantime Rainey was looking at an old plastic pool and asked if I could put water in it. I said yes but when I looked at it I realized it had holes in it and needed to be thrown away and so I asked Tom to put the sprinkler on the house for Rainey to play in it. While this is happening I am working in piles of dirt, it is hot outside , I have gloves on which were wet and dirty and Rainey asks if I can go get her swimming suit to which I replied just run through the sprinkler in your undies. She was amazed :) and somewhat confused that you could play outside in your undies but loved it. She took off her shirt and skirt and started running through the sprinkler. This is slightly funny to me because upstairs she has not one but two fancy, smancy swimming suits to wear. So here are the Alaskan summer, sprinkler under pictures. ( I am pretty sure everyone has these somewhere from there childhood ).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home