Saturday, June 8, 2013

Just blogging

Today Adrienne, Rainey and I headed up to Eklutna Lake for some "fun in the sun" actually it was really sunny and quite beautiful up there. I had a guitar lesson at three so we could not stay as long as we  had wanted but when we got  home Adrienne whipped up some lunch for her and Rainey i.e. picnic style to take down to the Knik River to play some more and have their picnic lunch. I am hoping we can get back up to Eklutna this week when it is no so crowded and take a picnic, some shovels, buckets ect for some good play time. When I got home I found out that my guitar lesson had been cancelled for this week and so now have an afternoon in front of me. We do  have plans to go buy Lowes to buy a new lawnmower. We have a riding one but we need a regular one for where the riding lawnmower cannot get in very well. We had two already but apparently they have been ruined, broken or something over time hence the need for a new one. My flowers are awesome. Rainey and I water them every day and take off the old flowers and are generally keeping them in good shape. All this sunny weather has really helped them thrive. I was in Portland last Saturday I had such a good day with Renae. I was only able to come down for the day so I got there on Friday night about 11:30 pm and she met me at the airport where I rented a car and we headed to the hotel by the airport to spend the night. We got up the next morning early and went to Sharis for some coffee and a small breakfast. Then we drove all and I mean all over Portland. We ended up in North Portland, Clackamas Town Center, Beaverton, Tanasbourne area, Hillsboro, the West Hills, over into Oregon City area and finally ended up down at the Spaghetti Factory for dinner and then over to the Hawthorne area for a glass of wine at an outside street bar people watching and then to the airport. My flight left at 8 pm. I made it back to the airport at 7:20 pm. I was cutting it close with still having to turn in the rental car but I only had my carry on and so I made the plane with 10 minutes to spare. We had an awesome day together. Adrienne , Rainey and I are coming down to visit her again the first week in July. I think we are going to go camping. :) rough it a bit out in the woods . OK enough for now. I am just trying to keep my blog updated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home