Thursday, June 20, 2013

It finally cooled down :)

When I woke up this morning it was 68 in the bedroom instead of 78 or even 80 which it has been for the past few weeks. I actually had to turn some of the fans off because it was getting chilly in the house. Please, please, please let it stay cooler. Seriously we are not set up for this type of heat up here. I do have the fancy magnetic screen doors on their way and hopefully they will get here soon so that we can eliminate the mosquitos and the bees from getting in the house. I am happy with it being about 67 to 72 in the summer up here. Now on vacation I do not mind the heat because the hotel rooms have air conditioning etc and so it really does not bother me that much except for  in Texas because of the humidity.

Speaking of Texas we are planning on going down the 3rd week in August for Mother Ruths birthday party. We are planning on staying on Galveston Island(skydiving is about 40 min from Galveston) and driving into Houston to visit family etc. The weather that time of year is hot and wet down there. That is what I like about Phoenix in the summer because it is hot but a very dry heat. Speaking of Phoenix we are going to be down there over the 4th of July weekend. Adrienne, Rainey and I are going ahead of time to Portland to spend a few days with Renae and then meet up with Tom at the airport and fly down to Phoenix. We are going to stay two nights and then head over to St. George to visit my aunt and my cousin. Then to Las Vegs for the night. Adrienne likes to eat at the Rainforest Cafe and we are going to take Rainey to the Tournament of Kings dinner show. Then back to Phoenix for a day and home. We get back on the 9th and Bear Paw starts and we like to go on Thursday and Friday afternoons to the carnival and walk around. The parade is on Saturday the 13th at 11 am and after that Adrienne and I are headed down to Seward for book club. We are staying at Sharons house in Seward and having dinner at Rays boathouse and then back to her house for "book club".  Going to watch the last season of "Big Love" and hopefully get a little bit of sleep :) brunch on  Sunday morning and then back to Anchorage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home