Thursday, June 28, 2012

June 28th

Past few days: I was invited to go to the movie on June26th by Adrienne. It was a treat provided by her for my birthday and even include a hotdog and popcorn. Thank you so much Adrienne for that wonderful treat and spending time with me watching that " oh so inappropriate movie for a mother and daughter to watch together.:
We went down to Seward on Saturday. Tom, Rainey and myself spent the night at the Best Western right on the water with awesome views. Renae was camping down there with a friend and we went out to Millers Landing and picked them up and went to dinner. Then Rainey, Tom and I had a "slumber party" in the room. This meant going to Carrs after dinner to pick out a toy ( she got a darling stuffed polar bear) and Jelly Bellys to eat, Tom got spice drops and junior mints and I picked skittles ( we just opened the skittles 4 days later ) and then back to the hotel to watch a movie and go to bed. I think we finally all fell asleep about 11:30 pm. I forgot to mention the weather was awesome on Saturday. When we woke up on Sunday , well it was overcast, cold and yucky. We went over to Brown & Hawkins. They  had the best clothing lines in Seward. It is like a mini REI location. I was looking for a rain coat for Rainey and a cute Patagonia pullover for me until Rainey spotted an expensive purse and did not realize it was for an adult and not a 4 year old. I am a hard nose grandma these days and so when she would not take no for an answer I took off the cute rain coat she was wearing and the fantastic Patagonia pullover I was wearing and we simply walked out. Yep, I do that nowadays. No guilt, no fuss (except Rainey and everything works out great. ) Well except for it was still raining and I was still cold. Soooooo then we took her out to Millers Landing and left her with her momma and friend and then we went back into Seward to have some breakfast and then over to Carrs to get a sweatshirt for.. yes, you guessed it .. me.!! we walked along the water for a while, looked at some boats and then went to pick everyone up. Then we went to the Sealife center and to Rays boathouse for lunch. Then home.. Adrienne and Jeff took her to the park to play when we got home and then I took a 2 hour bath and relaxed. It was awesome.

Now onto Monday..... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home