Thursday
I was going to try and upload some pictures to my blog. It seems to be faster to upload them to facebook but I like putting them on my blog. Personally I prefer my blog over facebook. I enjoy facebook but it just seems a bit informal and more like snippets of a life rather than the meat and potatoes of someone's life.
College started this week. I am taking three classes this semester. Taking one with Adrienne out here at the college and two online. Adrienne is taking fulltime classes this summer. Renae is taking the summer off from school and working fulltime. Rainey ended 3 yr old preschool this week and has the summer off. She will be taking soccer, dance, library summer reading program(once a week) gymnastics, learn to skate and swimming lessons this summer. Then when school starts again she will be in 4 year old preschool. We have a great school pretty much next door to us. They built it three years ago and keep adding on each summer. If we left our yard and cut across the woods we would be there in 3 min (that is how close.) if we drove it would take less (depending on traffic and the cars dropping off and picking up) she calls it the red school.
Adrienne, Jeff and some friends went camping in Seward this past weekend. They left on Friday afternoon and Rainey and I decided to drive down on Saturday and take them out to lunch at Ray's Boathouse. It was 3 hours from our driveway to pulling into Seward (and I was not speeding) just going by the GPS but at any rate long day for me but beautiful scenery and Rainey loved it down there. We played on the beach for a while and had some icecream and lunch, looked at boats etc.
Tom, Rainey and I are going to go to Lands End in Homer for my birthday. We had thought about just flying down but decided by the time we drove the hour to the airport, parked, checked in , it would be another hour and then almost an hour down there, bags and getting to Lands End we would be almost the same time by driving and being able to see the scenery and have a car while we were there. So driving it is :)
We have been home from Arizona 15 days now and are already homesick. :) so we are going back down next week for a long weekend. It is going to be hot but fun. They are doing some canopy course that Tom is interested in plus he is 12 jumps shy of 200 at Skydive since starting there in Sept of last year. I am going to watch him and work on summer school work. Should be fun.
It has been a really cold May so far. Not warm at all. In fact a bit on the chilly side. I am hoping that June picks up a bit. I was thinking of taking Rainey for an adventure up to Talkeetna next week for a drive or maybe this weekend. but this weekend I have to get ready for the picnic and clean the house a bit. Never a dull moment around here !!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home