December
Halfway through December- Rainey helped yesterday with the Secret Santa- putting items togethter from lists for families- I picked her up and walked through it with Tricia- and it literally made me cry- well.. tear up but to see that so many people have to depend on these donated items to make there Christmas and I thought to my own tree which is a magnificent tree and all the presents so artfully placed around it and beneath it- and all of the presents - excess presents most likely - but at any rate it made me want to donate more next year to the Toys for Tots- and to pick the 15 year old or teenager because Tricia showed me that those were areas that they did not have much - everyone wants to pick the little kids - which is what Rainey and I did- we picked a 5 year old girl. Interestingly by doing these volunteer activities - and especially this she is forming a platform of what she believes in and wants to help- today -she has speech and debate and then music- she is working on Popular - in Wicked- to perform in the springtime at the talent show- in the meantime she made it to the next step of the Battle of the Books- one of the nine- going forward to the district battle - that will be a big thing for us in January because the first battle is on Feb 7th-then she is volunteering at the school for a Christmas party from 9 to 1 for 350 kids - Alaska Resource something or other- she is taking pictures - of the kids I am not sure with Santa or elves? then this weekend is the Colony Christmas Days in Palmer - Adrienne mentioned a parade on Saturday night- I am going to look up the schedule in a bit and make some plans- on Tuesday the 17th Rainey and I are going on a sleigh ride - there was snow when I scheduled it :) but not now- of course it is warmer so maybe the warmth is better than the snow - it should be magical -I want to take her to see the new Jumanji movie next week - we have Barry until Thursday so it might be Thursday afternoon - I also need to start planning for my Christmas Eve Party - finish up shopping - on Saturday the 21nd - Sharon, Diana, Darlene and Nancy are going to come by the house at 5pm I am making a spaghetti dinner - simple but satisfying and then we are going to all go to see White Christmas at the Valley Performing Arts theatre - Kind of similar to the St. George theatre- we were trying to figure out a restaurant when I suggested that we just eat here - that way you can visit easier than just the person sitting by you at the restaurant- Adrienne and Rainey are also going to the play- on Sunday the 22nd we are going to see It's a Wonderful Life at the movie theatre- for their flashback movie - I have been driving around after 4 - that is when it gets dark :) and enjoying all the Christmas lights in the neighborhoods- we have lights on the house - they are really pretty and on a timer so when I come home after dark they highlight the house - super pretty- I just checked my calendar - I forgot Nancy and I were going to have a card party while Breanna was here - do Valentine cards - I suggested the house - and everyone bringing an appetizer - and have the card lady - her name is Becca come here - it is super uncomfortable at her store - to sit on the hard chairs for three hours - and then on the 29th I am having a birthday party for Adrienne - which brings us to the end of December - off to grab a bite of sausage and start the car - Happy Friday !

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home