Sunday -Snow
Well- yesterday as I was writing my blog- which talked about no snow - I heard footsteps above me and Rainey came running down telling me that is was snowing- and it was snowing - just a small amount of beautiful snowflakes- she put on Christmas music and was so excited and then after about 15 minutes it stopped snowing!!- I started to take a nice Saturday afternoon nap when she came in to tell me it was snowing again and oh my gosh - now it was really snowing !! lots and lots of delicious snow - she got on her boots and coat (now she decides its ok to wear the Kate Spade jacket I bought at Saks on 5th outlet) - and headed out to play- right outside the downstairs door we have a basketball court not huge but it is concrete and nice and slippery- down she went - I told her to stay off it and be on the driveway or the yard - it was so pleasant- I went to Walmart and got stuff to make lasagna for dinner and box cheesecake (which was delicious with blueberry topping) and brownies - the kind she and Tom like - and we spent a few hours in the kitchen finishing up "Stargirl" by Jerry Spinelli which is so good - Rainey was crying at the end - she thought it was sad but it was a good sad- like heartwarming - at any rate- I then had everything prepped for dinner- lasagna in the oven - and decided to take a bubble bath - with the grape scented bubbles that I bought for Barry- so I am listening to my book by John Grisham- the water gets incredibly hot here and our tub is huge and so comfortable - when Jordan texts asking what is up? that is code for he wants to come over - I had mentioned yesterday about moving everything out of the office upstairs to down so Rainey could use it until January - and I thought to myself that would be perfect timing to have him bring everything down - which he did - so it worked out really well - but now I have a ton of boxes to go through and organize down here - still snowing - Adrienne calls she is having a panic attack- she made it from Northern lights area to Muldoon - the roads were slick and the snow was coming down hard and she was having a hard time staying on the road - on Facebook there is a site called Glenn Highway traffic where people post the conditions of the road - most said stay at a hotel if you can - the roads were super slick - and I know from experience when it is snowing hard it is hard to see and then I have to put on my brights and then I feel dizzy from the snow- anyway - she called a co worker in Eagle River who said she could stay the night and come back in the morning when it was daylight - I told her if she could make it to Chugiak she could stay at Aunt Diana's - Probably more fun at Raven's house !! anyway it took her about 45 minutes but she made it - she is home now- We just have to figure out picking up Barry today - I think it is around 3 pm in Eagle River - I have been taking him to Anchorage to Mimi's house so maybe Jess will drive him out here today - but road conditions aside it is so pretty outside !! I missed the weather so much - it just feels like the start of the holiday season - so today we are going to listen to more Battle of the Books and color a nativity scene and make sugar cookies - play some games with Adrienne -

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home