June 27th
Rainey had an audition last week that needed a follow up audition that was taped and the co producer was thrilled with Rainey and wanted to come to the house to tape her some more in her environment but we were not sure when this was going to happen so we have been cleaning this weekend along with a trip to LEGOLAND on Sunday for Rainey and myself. She has always wanted to go to LEGOLAND AND stay at the hotel but when I look up the hotel it seems pretty spendy and I was not sure that there was really enough in the park to justify the price of the room so the alternative was ( I was told by others that had gone ) to simply buy tickets and go down for the day which is what I did. We got up really early and were in the car by 7:30 am on our way- it was a 2 hour drive from our house to the parking lot- actually that time of morning it took about an hour and 45 minutes but we were there for the opening- I was pleasantly surprised - there is a ton to do at LEGOLAND. It was open from 10 to 8 pm - we were busy doing our thing and about 2 pm I could feel my phone buzz but ignored it because my hands were full and we were watching a little play - and so my plan was to look at it as soon as I found a spot- well by the time I found a "spot" it had rang 5 times from Tom and I had a text message saying call him that it was an emergency- and it was - a truck had hit a tree about 3 miles from here and set a wildfire going and the wind had kicked in and it was headed our direction- the pictures were scary - flames and smoke that he was able to see from our windows.. he had packed up what he could take with Pepper and head out if evacuated but I was 2 hours away- so Rainey and I got in the car and headed out- the freeway was a nightmare- it took 2.5 almost 3 hours to get back with Tom monitoring the fire as we drove-luckily the wind changed direction and it headed across the freeway away from us but before it did it was super close - so that was our Sunday- I did stop at guest services at LEGOLAND and explained the situation and that our visit was cut short and they gave us passes good for any day up to the end of the year. Then yesterday was full on cleaning and organizing, putting things away- putting things together that had been bought- about 3:30 pm we get a call saying Rainey has an audition for today on Wilshire for a feature film and she has lots of lines and they need to be learned before 11:45 am today - wow.. so we went into line learning mode.. while making dinner and cleaning up and early to bed and an early morning today to keep learning - we had an appt with Jason for coaching before heading down to the audition... and to the audition.. and now we are free a bit.. I suppose - I think we are supposed to be going to the movie at 10 am for the 1.00 summer double feature that they do down here.. you know the one... where you pay the 1:00 to get in and then the 20 bucks for the popcorn and the drink!! OK ... well that Is enough for now...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home