Memorial Day 2017
That first sip of coffee in the morning- indescribable. Good Morning - it is hard to believe that it is already Memorial Day - with June waiting in the wings for its entrance on stage.
Things to do in June
- June 1st - sign Rainey up for 4th grade and get an appointment beginning of August with counselor for Aimsweb testing and go ahead for school supplies. I love Aimsweb testing- they do it three times a year for math and reading. The tests are the similar for each time but the requirements are different so when you first take the math going into 4th grade the score will be based on what they think a 4th grader should know at this point and then in the winter the score bar will be raised for half the school year and on and on. On the reading side - Rainey is such a fast reader that she usually scores in the fall going into the grade higher than the expectation for the end of the school year. Then the school supply part - they give a very generous amount for school supplies. I have a very functional homeschool right now but would like to add a better reading area with more choices of books to read- add more music and art curriculum -as well as the Core Knowledge Language Arts program which is spendy but very effective - I have found some parts and pieces at used stores when I was in Alaska and am impressed with that particular program.
- 1st make a movie camp of the season - Monday -Wed 10 am to 3pm- I am going to drive her down and then come home and then pick her up - that time of day traffic should not be overwhelming - Thursday and Friday same morning time but they usually go until 5 or 6 to finish up the filming- Then during that same time frame she has four Casting June spots for her Audition Technique class - with a week off the end of June -I was planning on going up to Anchorage for my birthday - Baby Bear's birthday - book club and having some time without auditions around the 4th holiday but Darlene is going to be gone on a trip, Nancy is going to be gone on a trip and they want to move book club to July 9th and so I am heading up there for book club but I need to find a time to bring Rainey to celebrate Baby's birthday and she enjoys book club - It is just hard to take her out especially since I am taking her out early August to be tested and for her birthday activities.
- My birthday - turning 50 this year. The plan was for the ladies and I to go to the Grape Tap in Wasilla to celebrate but A. everyone is gone B. I would be staying in Anchorage instead of living in the valley and did not want to drive all the way out there and back to town. C. I am not sure what C is but I will come up with a spectacular plan for the day-
- Today - Memorial Day we are invited to a picnic at Matthews new house - that is Rainey's friend- they just bought a new house about 10 minutes away and invited us over- I am going to make my potato salad and tuna salad - I need to get to the store to buy the supplies but first ... just one more cup of coffee ! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home