Never a dull day-
The realtor called yesterday - she was at the house with the person who was going to do the well, septic testing but apparently there was no water and the water valve was turned off in the pump room. It was very confusing to say the least - now if you remember the house lot 4 sits between lots 3 and lots 5 both of these had cabins on them before we bought the property. So in the pump room there is a valve for 5 that always stays off and then the one for 4 which was off . Then to make things stranger the keys to the cabin (ours on lot 4) were in the cabin door and it was unlocked. After having a plumber come in to take a look he cleaned some filters at the well and got it all turned back on with amazing pressure according to the realtor but found out that the water in the cabin had been turned off and in order to do that you have to go down into the crawl space which is somewhat dark and creepy - not sure on that one but then the realtor mentioned how much activity and changes were happening daily on lot 3 ( I sold it last week ) and so the thought was that perhaps the excavators hit a water line that went to the old cabin and then had to get into the house (perhaps using a code from the realtor other one selling 3 and turned off the water in the house - then finding the key on the kitchen cabinet that says cabin and went down to turn that one off as well) - still know ideas - but at least the water is working- this is the type of stuff that has happened out there for the past 11 years - there is ALWAYS something that is a problem and not just a little problem but normally huge, expensive problems and I will be so happy to drive away and say goodbye to those particular problems. Everything is moving forward- we had a challenge with the appraisal because the person they picked ended up leaving his job with the bank and so they are trying to put a rush on it and then it takes about 2 weeks and another 4 days for paperwork and we are done. In the meantime I still have to clean it all out but I could not go this week and I am not planning on next week because of Thanksgiving but will cram in a few visits in the first few weeks of December. Then I will be homeless literally !! but a happy homeless person. I really do not need to go up there very often once the house sells. I think I already mentioned once a month for book club and to visit Adrienne and Baby Bear and then a few extra times in the summer for some summer camping or summer hoteling. :) Today Rainey and I are off to Long Beach for filming her commercial - I am not sure how long it will take me to get down there so I will leave fairly early and give myself plenty of time- Having a GPS in the car down here is a lifesaver and we use it all the time. I think we have solidified our plans and decided to stay down here over Thanksgiving. Our main reason is that we are already all heading to Anchorage the first week in December - and not going over to Arizona which we thought we might do because of a few reasons - Tom needs to work- Rainey needs to work on prepping for her upcoming testing in Anchorage - and I would like to take the time to organize and clean and get our Christmas tree bought and put up in the apartment AND Rainey won a turkey at bingo on Sunday. The big prize - the last game was a turkey- a bag of food - and some cute Thanksgiving kitchen towels and placemats- She is pretty excited for us to cook her turkey that she won and so that is our Thanksgiving plan ,..I was also going to take her to see a couple of movies that weekend- ride the santa train -and do some Christmas shopping and wrapping - She has a Christmas list- it is taped all over one of the walls complete with thoughts and pictures - pretty amazing actually.... now if we just had room for it all... one of the reasons I need to organize before we bring anymore toys into this place. Without a house in Anchorage I am going to have to be very careful about what I buy and where I can put it later- I always just brought stuff down and then took it back - not anymore... well...I could put it in storage up there which I suppose would work... at any rate.. need to run..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home