Wednesday
We are starting to get the hang of living here. Rainey and I went grocery shopping this morning and we had our four Haggen bags and a huge cart of groceries and the really nice lady got them all into the four bags .... by the time I got from the parking lot and up the first set of stairs and up the next set of stairs I had to set them down and tell Rainey to go on to the apartment and I would be there in just a minute. At that moment there were some guys coming up the stairs from swimming who so kindly offered to carry my bags down to our apartment. Then later on Tom and I went shopping at Target for supplies and filled up two carts. The lady at the checkout said that it looked like we were moving and we just smiled and said yes. That trip up the stairs ... will actually several trips up the stairs .. whew.. and it is 90 degrees out today.
Tomorrow we have our meetings and I am pretty sure things will get busy at that point. I just wanted to schedule this first few days to get settled without running all over the place. Rainey and I spent quite a bit time on school work today. It is actually more enjoyable then I expected but I am trying to be more laid back about it all instead of insisting on hours and hours doing one thing.. I do tend to get hung up on something and think .. it will only take another hour and we will be on a next level.. rah, rah, rah.. keep going... but with a 6 year old... I mean 7 year old it is better to be more relaxed and switch things up frequently.
More tomorrow.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home