Sunday, August 2, 2015

Impromtu book club birthday bash






 
Since we are leaving on Monday morning and I will not be here for book club on the 16th it was decided that the book club ladies would meet for dinner at Evangelos for some gossip and visiting... mainly gossip :) at any rate when I was at Nancy's store on Thursday we decided to turn it into a surprise birthday bash for Rainey so on Saturday I called and made the reservations and then went into town to have lunch with Adrienne since I would not be seeing her for a while and she and I went to the Classic Toy store in Anchorage to pick out some presents for Rainey and then to the party store to get some  decorations and then to Carr's where I bought this delicious and beautiful looking cake.
I totally surprised Rainey. She knew she was invited to dinner with the book club ladies and so she got dressed in this fancy dress because it was a 'big" deal to her to be included in the book club activities. I had went over to the restaurant early to get our table decorated and ready so when we got there we went in to sit down just Rainey and I and she saw the table with all the decorations and was saying wow someone is having a birthday at Evangelos and was pretty excited for the person as she walked around the table looking at everything and then at the presents and finally I put down my stuff by the table and she said Grandma we can't put our stuff here this is someone else's table and I said. NO, it is not... it is your table, and your birthday bash... Surprise.... :) and she was really, really surprised... it was funny to see her face and the amazement that went across it... Awesome experience that I will not forget !!!!
Tuesday August 4th is her birthday and she is turning 7 and... we are going to DISNEYLAND ... It was nice to  have the book club birthday bash because Diana, Darlene, Nancy and I were all there when Rainey was born. Diana even got to wash her for the first time... We had a tailgate party  in the hospital parking lot and waited from Sunday afternoon until after midnight for Miss Rainey to arrive. Complete with Subway sandwiches and even birthday cake. Happy Birthday Rainey....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home