Tuesday, August 4, 2015

We made it!

 When I was down here in April picking up Rainey's work permit  I was able to drive by the property but could not figure out how to get inside because I was trying to get into the resident only entrances and did not realize that all guests have to go through the security gate which makes the property nice and secure and I really like that feature. Then when we were here in June for Rainey's camp Tom and I were able to come up and see the apartments and take a look at the property. It is about 5 miles from Universal Studios and very close to all the other studios. Like about a block from Warner Bros from one end of the property.
 This is what our living room looks like. I am sitting at the desk typing this right now and I even have the little green plant sitting next to me even though I got this picture off of the internet :)
 One of the features that I really like is that we have a store on the property. I don't have to go out to parking and get out on the roads to go to the grocery store when I just need some bread or milk or wine if the occasion calls for it :)
 We are right up against the Hollywood Hills. In fact the Hollywood sign is not far behind us over a bit.
 The property has two pools one on the North Side and one on the South side. They are pretty crowded and it has cooled down a bit here since June so not sure how much we will be in the pool but it was 84 yesterday so not to bad for the pool.
 This is what the buildings look like. We are on the second floor and we do have a balcony but it looks out across at the neighbors. I would have like a better view but whatever. I think it would be too hard to ask for something different at this point. If they even had something different.


 Notice this building has a nice view but again I got it off of google images. :) Truth is that we are lucky to get into the property because they are always busy and it took several months on a waiting list to get this  apartment. One of the features that they do have is that if you say you are going to leave and then decide to stay you can stay no matter what even if it is for another week.
 We finally made it to LA..It seems incredible to think that when we were here in April talking to Rainey's manager that August seemed so far away when she said that we would need to commit to being down here for a few months. But  it went by so darn fast and here we are. I remember on the last evening at home being outside enjoying the yard and the trees and the smell of fresh Alaskan air after a light rain and thinking how things would be different for the next few months.
We did manage to get a paid parking spot  which helps because apparently after seven at night it is hard to find a spot to park close to your building. As it is with our paid parking we have to walk a ways up steps and then more walking and more steps and then down a long hallway because we are halfway down the building. I am thinking it should not be a problem to get my steps in each day.
 You can see how big the property is from this picture.
 We went to get some supplies last night but Wednesday is our day to go get big stuff and other items we will need to make this work.
 View of the kitchen. Cozy :)
Another view of the kitchen. Ours has the white microwave which is interesting because it is the same microwave we have at home that was supposed to be put above our stove but  has been sitting on the counter .. but now I have one above the stove. This place should be easy to keep clean. Much different than the house. At any rate. I was feeling a little bit lonely last night being here. It really is a huge change and then I thought of Tom being gone next week and being here by myself with Rainey and it was a sad feeling but I know we will be busy and it will  become more familiar to me to be down here. I really am excited to see what happens. It is just that first few days of such a different lifestyle. When you go to a hotel for a week you know you are going home but here I am sitting on the couch thinking wow... I am going to be here for three months  and it seems like a really long time. We have an appointment with her manager on Thursday and things will start rolling at that point. Today is Tuesday (Rainey's birthday) and we are going to Disneyland and then tomorrow is shopping to get everything we need to make the apartment workable for us. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home