Monday, August 17, 2015

Monday-

Well, we are not getting ready for the first day of school this morning. Somewhat bittersweet but not really because we have lots to do today including our own schoolwork before heading out for other stuff. Tom is heading back up to Anchorage tomorrow for a few days. I am  learning the route to LAX. We had a change of plans on Friday.. well, several changes in plans. We were going to go to Universal during the day but it was really hot out and by the time we would have been ready to go out the door I was thinking that I still needed to grocery shop and get the prizes for Bingo which started at 7 pm and that would only give us a few hours at Universal and for the price it was not really worth it for such a short time. Then I got to thinking that we had to pick Tom up at midnight that we could go to Disneyland and watch the evening shows and then head to the airport... so then that was the plan but then I started looking at Universal to see if they had anything at night and I saw that if you went on Friday you could pay for a one day pass and get the rest of the year for FREE......with some blackout dates but whatever its not like I care what days we go up there being this close so it was a fantastic deal so that is what Rainey and I did on Friday....The pictures below are from Universal.. we went up there about 4pm and left when it closed at 10 pm. We did the studio tour which was scary, fun, scary and amazing... then we went to see the show Waterworld.. amazing.. then to the simpson ride which we went on twice... .I closed my eyes most of the time... Rainey loved every second.. I finally said no more Simpsons after the second one because I was pretty dizzy and sick to my stomach.. I know .. a total party pooper.. then back to Waterworld for the night time show.. and finally Rainey was sick to her stomach, tired and ready to leave... Universal has valet parking.. 30.00 but well worth it.. Disneyland costs 17.00 to park and you have to walk forever to get to the tram and ride the tram which takes forever and then more walking into the park but at Universal you park valet and bam... right into the park.. AND they have "cool zones".. It was 100 degrees the day we were there. In fact as we were driving in the car up there the temp said.. 106 degrees. So...... since Tom was not landing until 12:50 am we went back to the apartment and Rainey drank some ginger ale and was able to burb a little ... she had some soup.. broth mainly and we put on her jammies.. tidied up the apartment one more time and headed to LAX.. I thought it would be ... well like driving to the airport from Palmer at that time in the morning.. or that late at night.. but .. it was full of traffic... but the good news was that the traffic was actually moving.. always a plus.

Saturday - rummage sale at the clubhouse..commercial class for Rainey.. swimming in the pool. She was playing Marco Polo with some kids and having a fun time. .When Rainey has class on Saturday Tom and I usually (We have only done it twice ) but we go down to the Burbank Town Center and have lunch.. we found a great little Mexican restaurant that has been there for quite a while and has delicious food.

Sunday- We had a speaker at the clubhouse ...Rainey decided what to make for dinner.. and we went shopping.. she has been cooking and helping me make meals since we have been down here.. She gets her recipes from her Sesame Street cookbook and they are surprisingly delicious...

Monday- ......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home