Friday
1. Bingo tonight- we need to get some $5.00 prizes. Last night was Hip Hop at 8:30 pm and Rainey made it a half hour :) she was dancing with some amazing people and all older than she was but she got in there and really tried and had a great time. We did have dinner at Olive Garden about an hour before hip hop and she had a two hour improv class before that so I knew she was full and tired but she wanted to go and so we went down there. This particular class will end the last week in August. It was a summer class. I am sure more stuff will take its place.
2. Tom spent last night mowing. He said when he got home the yard looked like nobody lived there. He also was able to pick up some scripts for me from the doctors office and fill up a suitcase with a list of what I wanted brought back this week. I thought I would be really lonesome while he was gone but there is so much going on that there really isn't much time to feel lonesome. I was a little jealous on Wednesday before taking him to the airport. I wanted to be on the plane but now that the first visit is over I realize I am enjoying it down here. He will be home late tonight. Normally he will be coming in early in the morning but this time I had to get him a seat coming in at midnight. I was going to go down and pick him up but I think he might just take a taxi. I am not sure I am ready to be on the 405 at midnight :) When we dropped him off on Wednesday it took an hour and fifteen minutes to get him to LAX and it took Rainey and I a little over two hours to get back.
3. I am really happy with the classes Rainey is currently in right now. We will be adding a few more in the next week or so. Her dance classes start in September and she will be doing hip/hop and jazz but with her age group !! Right now she is in commercial, acting and improv. I was really happy when I saw her improv teacher walk in yesterday (it was our first class). It was Kenton Duty and I knew she was going to love the class. She couldn't stop talking about it afterwards. I will admit he is pretty good looking and extremely friendly.
4. I do miss the excitement of school starting. The new clothes, the new supplies, the newness of another year starting. The first day of school and dropping Rainey off..... right now we are pretty much tied at the hip except for when she is in classes and then most of the time is spent trying to find a good parking spot. I did get up to Macy's yesterday while she was in class. I wanted to get my toes done but was not sure on how long it would take for me to get back to pick her up. That is one of the issues here is that you really do not want to cut anything close because so much can make it take longer like traffic or no parking spot. But back to school ... It is a bit sad but then she and I can get so much done one on one and down here the social aspect is taken care of with all her classes and activities with other kids.
5. We need to get our day started. Cleaning is first on the list ... or last.. we shall see...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home