Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday

It is 5:30 in the morning. I have been up since 3:30 because I heard some noise from outside which I thought was coming from our yard but Tom had heard it as well a bit before I woke up and he went down to check and it was a party going on across the lake. I tried to get back to sleep until about 4:20 when I decided to just get up and see if I could get back to sleep later. I decided to blog for a few minutes and then get back to sleep.

Rainey has dance class at 9 and so we will have to get up at 8 to get moving. I am getting ready for the big birthday party. Jordin is coming over this afternoon and we are going to start cleaning the house.I rented the motorhome for our trip up to Fairbanks. Tom, Rainey and I are going to motor up to Fairbanks to visit Adrienne and go to the Fairbanks fair, Alaskaland, and the North Pole... Rainey is really excited with the idea of visiting the "North Pole" ! then at the end of the month Tom and I are heading down to Arizona for a long weekend.  With all of that AND school starting on the 22nd it is going to be a busy month.

I got my car over to get the oil changed. It felt like it was pulling to the left so I mentioned that to them. It seems that my tire pressures were low and it was making it pull to the left. I was under the impression that onstar was checking all of that stuff when they send out the monthly checklist on monitering the car.. go figure.. I guess I will just watch the pressure. I am going to get winter tires this year. I bought the car in January but did not have winter tires. It has all weather and then the car has this traction and something to do with stabilizing the car etc etc etc... however I have to go slow when I pull out because they do not grip super well in the ice and snow and so I thought I would get a set of snow tires and see what difference that would make in the winter months. Considering we need winter tires almost 6 months out of the year it seems like a good idea.

I took Rainey to see Winnie the Pooh last Saturday and again on Thursday.. she loves it. I thought she would like the Smurfs so I took her to it yesterday afternoon.. about 20 minutes into it.. it moved from animation to people ect.. kind of a combined movie.. she did not quite understand the concept ..hence the "grandma, this movie is boring. I'm ready to go home".. oh and "grandma, don't forget my worms". She was eating some sort of gummy worm :) So I will wait a few years on those kind of movies. Well, it is 5:46 am in Alaska and complete daylight outside. Looks like a light rainfall.. I think this is my hint to go and try to get at least another hour or two of sleep in before starting the day .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home