Thursday, July 21, 2011

Finishing up trip

So we are on Sunday. We made plans to take Mother Ruth and Sue to lunch and then we had plans to have dinner with our friends Earl and Eloise in Houston. I think I mentioned that Mother Ruth and Sue live 50 miles from downtown Houston where we like to stay and since we told them we would be there by noon we had to leave by 11am. We were pretty tired from the day before so we ended up sleeping in .. it seems like it was 9 or 9:30 when we woke up but such a nice treat not to have to set an alarm to get up early. Off to Cleveland we drove, picked up Mother Ruth and Sue ( now the area of restaraunts we like to go to and so does Mother Ruth is a 25 minute drive back towards Houston) so we get in the car for the 25 minute ride to the restaraunt. We went to Pappas seafood restaraunt which is her favorite next to Red Lobster. I had grilled Tilapia and a salad with a delicious glass of white wine to wash it down with. Mother Ruth and Sue both had the fried shrimp.. which is funny because at dinner later that night that is what Earl and Eloise both had ...  hmmmm.. then back to Mother Ruth and Sues... oh.. I remember now we had to leave a little bit early because I wanted to stop at a Walgreens and print pictures off of my card for them to see. So we did that first and then picked them up on the way back to their house. I had 337 pictures on my card and had them all printed which now means I have 337 pictures to do something with in the house.. As if I need one more thing to store in this bedroom ( living room) I feel like I am living in clutter.. somewhat organized clutter but clutter none the less... We looked at the pictures and visited for a little bit but had to leave about 4 to get back to Houston. Earl and Eloise were picking us up at 6:30 and our dinner reservations were at 7pm.

The restaraunt we went to was called Tony Mandola's and has been in Houston for 20 years. Their location for the 20 years was up in January and so they built a new place and it had only been open for a week and was actually reviewed on Sunday(the day we went) in the Houston Chronicle. They had valet parking and it was located next to River Oaks which is THE neighborhood to live in.. of course if you can afford it in Houston. It was full of well dressed people. I loved looking at everyone.. from the makeup to the purses to the shoes to the clothes and the jewelery and the men were just as nicely dressed .. it was a great place. When we go to Houston we try to get together with Earl and Eloise who always pick a GREAT place to eat. By the way they just got back from a 12 day cruise to Germany, Finland, Russia and some other places. We are going to meet them in San Francisco in Sept and do Napa Valley together. Anyway the food was to die for... the atmosphere was good.. the company was excellent. We had a super time.

On Monday we had a flood in our bathroom. We woke up to water all over the floor. Hence they maintenance person had to come in and fix it. Rainey is waking up so I will finish Monday later..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home