Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thursday

1. Had a big day on Monday. Tom had a project to get out before we left and so he was up at 4 am. I tried to go back to sleep but ended up doing about an hour of meditating and then decided to get up and get my clothes together for the trip.
2. I had all my clothes together by 8:45 am. I exercised until 9"45 took a quick shower and headed to accupuncture. Super good, relaxing session.
3. Tom and I had lunch and then a much needed nap.
4. Went to the bank, then to my facial/eyebrow wax, then back to Walgreens to pick up a prescription, a hot water bottle , aspirin, gift cards ect. Then to drop off Nancys camera that ended up in a bag of movies that she gave me back during book club. Then back to Target for a carry on and tags for our guitar cases. Then by Renaes, then home for more packing, then back to Renaes with some clothing for RB and then home to pack some more. We ended up sleeping from 11 pm to 2 am.
5. Left Anchorage at 6 am on Tuesday morning for Houston. We are actually in Austin but needed to spend a few days in Houston on the back end of the trip and since we are familiar with Houston decided to fly there and drive over to HOuston.
6. We got there at 6 pm and were on the road at 7 pm. It was a wonderful drive through some very pretty farm land and a great Texan sunset.
7. Got to Austin about 9:30 pm.
8. Wed - A. I went to exercise will Tom finished a job. The exercise room is really nice. I love it when they have cold washclothes drenched in smell (not sure which one but it smells great) in a cold chiller for you to enjoy while you are exercising.  I did three items that I do not use at home. It was a killer and sweat was pouring off my body but that is a good thing ...B. Then Tom and I went down to the pool for about an hour. We did not want to get burned so tried to keep the timing down. Again, hot but a nice breeze. The only time I really felt a hot, hot sun was on the lounge chairs. C. Off to the guitar store to get a tuner for our guitars ( they had to loosen the strings for the flight) , off to Walgreens for some water ... well lots of water. D. Back to the hotel room to tune guitars ( I took a half hour nap) and off to guitar class.
9. Guitar lessons. We had one on one for 4 hours with a pro. The guitar he was using in class was 5,000 ( the only reason I know that is that  we had to go get mini amps to play in the hotel room after the lesson and I saw it  hanging on the wall and checked out the prize tag. It sounds like a lot until you saw that they had ones for 33,000 and 48,000 ( those were used). Suffice to say my guitar is just a little over the 500 range and under the 700 dollar range :) ( I was watching price is right yesterday while exercising )!!! hence the range thing. Toms are more but we will not go there.. back to lesson. We are immersing ourselves in the blues. I can play the basic 12 bar blues after the first lesson as well as the shuffled blues of the Texas Boogie. Now does it sound polished.. hell no.. but can I do it.. hell yes. .( I am alreading sounding like a guitar player :)
I forgot where I was on numbers but I have to mention the fish tacos at the hotel. I have already had them twice. Seared tilapia served with a warm lime sauce, napa cappage , homemade tortilla shells with a salsa mix to put in them. Oh my.... They are not big at all but super filling and everthing mixes for the right amount of taste. We went to bed last night at 11 pm and I got up at 9 am... love vacation and sleeping in.... Tom is still asleep at 9:30.. we have to get up soon to practice because we have 3 hours today ( our instructor has a gig tonight) then 6 hours tomorrow and 6 on Saturday.. we are going to be goooooooddddd guitar players.
Oh the temp yesterday afternoon was 104 high.. oh and one more thing ..did you know electric start works for air conditioning.. ( the things you learn in Texas. ) the day before we left the temp in Palmer all day was between 54 and 57 ..in my car. .. so we went up in heat..oh.. and one more thing Coldwater Creek is in walking distance from the hotel.. could it get any better? .. oh and I have a 35% off coupon IN STORE only on Saturday :) !!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home