Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday

We are home ! It is lightly drizzling outside and about 55 degrees and it feels delightful :) Lots to blog about and lots of pictures but lets see where I left off. I think it was Thursday morning.

Thursday - we had guitar from 3 to 6 today because our teacher had a music "gig" at 6:30 and camps before that so it was a short day followed by two very long days. We spent the morning practicing in the hotel room. Then we went to two children's "used" clothing stores. I think I already mentioned that I like to find quirky used children clothing stores in the various cities that we visit.  We did not find much at the first one but at Little Green Beans we found a ton... such cute, cute clothes and for such a great price. Then off to lesson after it was over we went over to the restaraunt where the teacher was playing. Not that great of food but I did have some fried green tomatoes which were super good.

Friday - got up early and exercised. I loved the exercise room. I really pushed it this morning to work off those fried green tomatoes:) actually I only gained a half a pound on this trip so I was working on eating only when I was hungry and picking fish and salads .. except for a treat every so often. OK we found another used children store and this time we hit the mother lode. We  actually had to get another suitcase to bring it all home. Since it was so hot all their winter clothing was on clearance and since that is what we wear up here year round it was seriously bags of cute clothes for pennies on the dollar.

Today was a LONG day. We got there at 11 am. We went to lunch at 2:00 pm (no breakfast since we knew we would be breaking for lunch. ) We went to a restaraunt that Janis Joplin worked at years and years ago before she made it big... I had a choice of 5 vegetables.. I picked black eyed peas, butter beans, steamed squash, stewed okra and tomatoes and turnip greens. I ate it all except for I was not that hot on the turnip greens and stewed okra and tomatoes and I knew I had another 4 hours of guitar lessons and did not want to be too full. After lunch I needed to walk around a bit and they had a huge Goodwill store by the school. I went in and was excited to see everything HOWEVER.... nothing was by size it was all by color. It was the strangest thing...It would take forever to find anything in there. I think I managed to find two skirts and that was pretty much it... back to guitar school.

Saturday- OK.. I will have to blog more later. Rainey B will be here in a few minutes and I have not seen her in almost 10 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home