Wednesday, July 20, 2011

More on trip

OK. We are onto Saturday or rather last Saturday. We had to get up early in the morning so as to get ready, packed and everything in the car and over to the school by 10 am. We actually managed to get it all done and in the car by 10 and made it over to the school by 10:15 am so just a few minutes late.

I forgot a bit on Friday. We were located by a mall. We were literally only about a 3 minute walk from Coldwater Creek. I had a coupon that I had gotten on my phone for a 35% off discount on everything in the store on Saturday. Well, it was going to be hard to get there on Saturday since we had class from 10 am to 2 pm and then we had to leave for Houston. Soooooo.. I went over on Friday night and when she was telling me that all clearance was an additional 40% off I mentioned my coupon and she said she would honor it that evening. :) so she said I could have the sale on each one sale and regular and she would just ring them up differently. I got THE most fabulous tshirt and in pink and white and this great raspberry short sleeve cardigan to wear over it. It sounds heavy but the knitting is light and airy .. really a great outfit. On Saturday I wore it with some linen and silk capris I had bought in Phoenix a few years before. Quite a dressy outfit for me.. but super cute. I will post pictures in a little bit.

I was tired by Saturday... I managed 3 hours of lesson and then finally had to leave for the last hour. I was not feeling good and had not eaten anything all day and it was 1 pm and I needed to get out of that small hot room and get something to eat. I went to a kentucky fried chicken and got a small mashed potatos and gravy. I was not sure if we were going to get something to eat before we went to Houston and did not want to get full. ... finally we had one more stop on the way at the Guitar Center.. one of Toms favorite places in Austin.. we needed to get a looper for our guitar playing.

And finally one last stop in Austin at the Coach outlet store. Tom drove me up  to the drop off spot to the mall ( it was a huge, outdoor affair) and I got two Coach purses with matching wallets. I actually felt like I did really good on price. I had one other one I really wanted but apparently it was for special occasions only and would look bad if you got it out in the rain or would get dirty quickly and since we live in Alaska.... hmmmm.. no brainer .. could not get it.. BUT one of the ones I got matched the outfit I was wearing  perfectly.

THEN we were on the way to Houston. We had called Sue to tell her that we would be there on Saturday evening but we wanted to suprise Mother Ruth who will be 101 in August.. so she pretended Tom was a sales person.. we said we would be there around 6 but we had to go through Houston out to Cleveland where they live. We did not check into the hotel but went directly to their house.. it actually worked out good because Sue's daughter in law was having a birthday party at Fuddruckers at 7 pm and so Mother Ruth thought that was wear they were going so she was dressed and ready for dinner ... little did she know we would be there.. so I walked in and said "suprise" ... !!! she was suprised... we decided to go to the birthday dinner and so off to Fuddruckers we went.. after unloading the back seat so we could all fit :)

By the time we got them home.. visited for a while and drove the hour back to Houston it was almost 11 pm and I was exausted.. I know Tom was as well after all that driving.. well our hotel was across the street from Lakewood Church.. literally about a 3-5 minute walk to the entrance..The hotel was packed and service was not up to par but after the flood in our bathroom... the ceiling air conditioner or something went on the fritz and water poured out onto the bathroom.. thank goodness not onto clothes or luggage.. when we go down in September we will be comped the two nights we stayed this time... to make up for the challenges. They were having an international convention of student government so kids everywhere... but we had a drink in the lounge and went upstairs to bed.... onto Sunday..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home