Friday, July 22, 2011

On Monday we had a few stops to make. First off we knew we needed another suitcase because of the items we had bought for Rainey and the two practice amps we had bought to practice in the hotel room and the looper ect. So when we got up the plan was to leave the hotel room by 9:45 which we managed even with the bathroom downpour. Tom was going to drop me off at the Galleria and then he was going to the Guitar Center and the plan was that we had about a hour and a half for this excursion. He dropped me off in front of Saks and headed off. UMMM... I love walking through there to get to the mall part of the Galleria. My first stop was at Macys. I love their shoes. I managed not to buy any but their was a pair of Ralph Lauren sandals that were really, really cute.. blue jean material with a wedge... I was tempted... (but managed to wait to order them online when I got  home.. you know the suitcase challenge and all !!) I did get Tom a soft, cozy Hugo Boss shirt and then off to the mall.. I did pretty well.. I went to the Disney Store.. got sidetracked in Hanna Anderssons ... and ended up leaving with a pile.... I hit the Adidas store for myself .. super cute new pair of pink tennis shoes.. and then I was tired. We ended up finishing 20 min early.. put Target in the GPS and got our suitcase.. back to the hotel for packing..

Then off to Mother Ruths .. we thought we were going to take them to lunch.. I  had planned on Red Lobster but when we got their at 1:30 they had lunch made for us... Texan style lunch.. beef brisket which I never eat except at their house mainly because I have no idea how to make it... ribs, and fried sausage.. baked beans, potato salad, onions and pickles .. oh..my...it was good and I was hungry..

OK.. well we used their scale to weigh our bags.. bad news.. they were all 5 or more pounds over..it was a hassle out their in the hot sun weighing bags.. putting stuff in other ones.. ..weighing them again.. and finally we realized we would need another suitcase.. ( we have lots of suitcases if anyone needs to borrow any..) the two new ones are that hard sided type..really nice.. I might start using those on trips.. )anyway we had to stop at Target on the way to the airport so we said our goodbyes.. headed off to Target.. bought another suitcase.. and headed to the airport..

We have now learned that it is easier for Tom to drop me off at departures (no skycap for Alaska in Houston) but I do have a skycap load up all the bags from the car and take them for me to Alaska check in.. Tom takes the car to returns.. calls me on his way back when he is on the bus and I start checking us in.. by the time they get through with all the bags.. he is there.. ( pretty slick.).. then a quick trip through security.. and off to have a drink before boarding.. We got home about 12:30 in the morning Anchorage time.. I got about 4 hours of sleep before a huge day of activities and a giant mess in the living room of clothes ect from the trip.

We have now been home Tues, Wed, Thur and today is Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home