Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas 2019

Well, we got our wish for Christmas! it snowed last night- I was out on the front porch looking outside when I noticed snow on the cars- I thought snow? and then I looked up and it was snowing- by the end of the night it was seriously snowing- it looks quite pretty this morning - I was debating on wanting snow or clear roads and the clear roads were winning until it started to snow on Christmas Eve and so I am hoping at some point we can have clear roads and snow!! So we had and are having a wonderful Christmas - It is a bit peaceful around here right now- I just finished a two hour nap - Tom is still in the kitchen - he started about 10 am cleaning up from last night - then he made his famous Christmas breakfast which we ate at a fashionably late time - noon to be exact -then he cleaned that all up and started making his famous bacon, cornbread stuffing and is just getting ready to stuff the turkey- I am thinking we are going to be eating a bit later this evening but since we all just ate at noon it will be ok :) I bought a smaller turkey so it should be ok and we normally eat  between 7-8 now because of Adrienne's work schedule. I also bought an organic turkey for the first time ever- I was talking to Trisha and she said that is all they buy and they are delicious so I paid the "highway robbery" price - I am planning on using I the next few days on a few meals plus I have a ton of ham left from last night's meal. Barry had to leave at 10 this morning - They drove out here because Jess's girlfriends mother lives out here - so we just do the drop off at the Walmart- He was heartbroken- he could not stop crying- he had just finally opened all his gifts and had about 30 minutes to play before having to get ready to leave- so we will not see him until Sunday- but I thought the good news is that I get to see him on Sunday when last year they left the day after Christmas and I did not get to talk to him for 21 days on the phone because he was at Jess's and then it was 90 some days before I did get to see him - so I am much, much happier this year! and four days is great-plus I really need to be working with Rainey on school work and Battle of the Books- things have gotten lax around here the past week or so with Christmas preparations- time to crack the whip and get back on track. Rainey said this is her best Christmas ever - I actually followed her list this year so it was pretty darn good. She is thrilled that her LOL doll house and all her doll furniture is being put together today- by her dad. I am thrilled that we have space for her to have all that type of big play stuff again- She made out pretty good. Adrienne took up all of Barry's stuff and put it in his room. Rainey took all her stuff upstairs and Jordan took all the trash and boxes out to the garage so it is pretty clean in the living room. I am going to go keep Tom company while he finishes KP duty! Merry Christmas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home