Monday November 21
I feel sad this morning for some reason. I mean we have tons and tons of changes going on in our life right now and so it would make sense that there would be some sort of emotion tied to the situation. Last Thanksgiving Tom had to be in Anchorage for the week leading up to it and we did not know if he was going to come back here and we would go to Arizona or if we would go up there and then what day we could go because of Rainey needing to be available so finally on Tuesday night we decided to just go ahead and head up to Anchorage (Rainey and I ) on the next afternoon... I gave Tom a list of food to buy to be ready for Thanksgiving and off we went.. got into Anchorage about 10 pm on the night before Thanksgiving and were able to have an awesome day-
This picture is not from last year but from 2012 - I was looking for one from last year but found this one - looks like the night before getting all the ingredients together. Love Rainey's festive orange outfit!
Here are two from last year on Thanksgiving day-
The next day Rainey and I went to see the Nutcracker in Anchorage- as you can see I had already been up there putting up trees and getting ready for the holidays. This year the house is almost empty and it is a bit sad after all those years of festivities - I really wanted to put up our tree down here on Thanksgiving but I thought I would be back in Anchorage before then and I could bring back decorations but I did not and I have literally 10 or more boxes of decorations and it does not make sense to go buy more at Walmart or Target when I have them ready to bring back.... but then I guess if it makes me happy then it would not hurt to get a few and then just bring back some special ones... but then the Thanksgiving in 2014 we flew to Arizona on Thanksgiving morning and got to Eloy in time for Thanksgiving dinner at the drop zone... we loved that Thanksgiving... and the year before that we flew on Thanksgiving down to Seattle and went to a restaurant with Kayla and then flew back to Anchorage that night.... I would not recommend that :) it was fun but exhausting flying to Seattle and back in one day. Then the one before that was when we finally got the great room finished and we had went out and bought the perfect Thanksgiving table... Lots and lots of memories..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home