Feb 7th
* Wow, we are having one hell of a windstorm this weekend. I went to Carrs in Palmer today and they have all but one door barricaded. Running (yes, most everyone was) back to the car was a lesson in intense wind chill factors. I saw on FB that the wind ripped off parts of someone's car last night. I think it is not so bad at our house because we are 5 miles from Palmer but I plan on shopping in Wasilla from now on until this stops. It is 10 miles from Palmer.
* Busy week coming up with selling Candy Grams at lunch each day and culminating with the Valentines dance on Friday at 6pm. I also have a project to finish in Ms. Parrets class tomorrow after the candy grams and then some decorating in the front of the school will be going on. I guess I mean on Monday not tomorrow. :) I also have to make 100 heart shaped cookies (frosted with sprinkles) for the dance and I am in charge of decorating for the dance. I have a full day in the classroom on Wed as my regular day and then Friday... well Friday I have to be there in the morning to help deliver all the candy grams, decorate, Rainey's Valentine party, getting ready for the dance and then the dance and then cleaning up after the dance and then I have to be out the door by 7 am the next morning to leave on a long weekend trip. Whew..... oh crud I forgot I have Girl Scouts here on Tuesday afternoon.. I told you busy, busy week. Oh and ... I forgot the Garden Club meeting (the PTA) is on Wed at 5:30 to plan the Garden... yea.
* The rest of the month is going to be similar but not so bad. Rainey has training every Sunday until March 5th I think. The Read a thon starts at school. Girl Scout cookies have to be passed out and money collected, the Iditarod read starts, an extra PTA meeting on the 18th and the read with a loved one and then I think we have a PTA Friday night movie. But all that will be manageable.
* We bought a new bed and decided to reorganize the whole upstairs before it got here today. We started at 9 am and finished around 1 pm. Tom is still putting together a book shelf for Rainey's room. One I bought last summer and has been in the garage all this time. I was disappointed because it was supposed to be a bright light blue and instead it is dark brown but oh well I can put cute baskets in it. After the bed gets here we are going to reorganize Rainey's room and that will take a few hours but then it will all be done.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home