Thursday, October 6, 2011

Good Morning

Rainey did such a great job on the travels to Arizona. It is a long stretch of time with a short stretch of sleeping and it is hard for an adult much less a 3 year old. We left our house about 9:30 pm and left Anchorage at 1 am. Rainey was great. Tom takes this briefcase that he rolls behind him as his carry on and it worked out perfectly for her to sit on it and hold onto the handles and be rolled through the airport. Made it pretty easy and it was lots of fun for her. Not to mention the attention we were getting with this cute toddler riding the suitcase singing "were going to Arizona, were going to Arizona" all the way through the airport. :) she did great on take off and spent about an hour playing monster maker on Toms ipad and then fell asleep. She was asleep when we landed but was awake when we landed in Phoenix. As the plane was landing in Phoenix and the reverse thrusters engaged she said "wow" with lots of excitement and enthusiam which entertained the people around us. So, between flying all night and two planes she is a great traveler. !! then we had to get the rental car but  I had put in 11 am instead of 10 and it was not ready so we had another 30 minute wait where she was a trooper.  Finally in the car on the way to Tucson she was tired and it was about 11:30 am. She said " I want to go home Papa. I want to go back to Anchorage" (those were her exact words. I was really impressed she could articulate where she lived) but the car kept going so she said " papa, you have to turn the car around. We have to be going to other direction to get back to the airport." hmmm she has a good spatial ability. At any rate I got out her dvd player and she watched Dumbo on the way to skydiving (Tom wanted to stop and get an outfit for today. Normally he uses one of the schools but they are a bit ugly and he wanted something with some pizazz.. they did not have anything he wanted so he will have to order it but Rainey was able to see skydivers come swooping in and she was saying "wow", "wow" as they all came down right in front of us. You can see Tom looking up in one of the pictures. Then we went over to have lunch (they have a great low carb plate with just a burger , cottage cheese, and lettuce ect. Pretty tasty and normal. ( I say normal because once we get to the hotel it has more of a fancy southwestern flair which we are not that hot on) Rainey was hungry and had a good lunch. Then we were off to Tucson. We got here around 1:30 and she wanted to go to the pool but we also had 3 pm appts at the spa so we got on our suits super fast and went out there for a short time.. she loved it. Then off to the princess mani and pedi she did such a great job on the hands but was not hot on having her toenails trimmed so she did not :) she played in the water and had a great time while I finished up. She was a bit wet so we took off her sundress and she got wrapped in a big warm towel and I carried her up to the room all wrapped up warm. It was about 4:30 by this point and I needed to put all the stuff away so we turned on the tv. They have a great menu with pbs, nick jr and disney so she climbed on the bed and watched some tv while I cleaned. Then they brought us a big bowl of fruit which she has been enjoying. Right now she is eating an apple. She picked red over the green one. We decided to stay in the room and have dinner because I was not sure when she would crash :) She had cheeseburger sliders and milk for dinner with carrot sticks and ranch. She was enjoying a slice of her papa's pizza and finally about 6:45 pm she started to whine and cry a bit (not much ) but I told her we were going to watch Survivor and she wanted to watch something else and I told her we could after we watched Survivor. She crawled up onto the chair (it is like a lounger) and about 7:05 I looked over and she was sound asleep. I looked over at Tom and he was as well :) I turned out the lights at 8 pm.

Tom was up at 5:30 am because he has skydiving at 7:15 am. Rainey was still asleep when he left. I laid down next to her for about an hour. The curtains were open just a crack so all of a sudden I heard "grandma, grandma wake up quick look it's time to wake up." as she was pointing to the daylight through the gap in the curtain. I think it was about 6:45 am so she slept for almost 12 hours. We have lots to do today. It is almost 8 am here. I am going to give her a bath, do her hair and take a shower (me) get dressed and we are going to go on an adventure walk around the property. I will take my camera and get lots of pictures and post them when we get back to the room.

Ps I am doing this much detail on the trip for the benefit of Rainey B's mommy and daddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home