Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday

Today is going to be a great day. Well, it started off great when I went downstairs and brought up two boxes that had arrived in the mail ..well arrived at the door yesterday evening. I think it is UPS who does not get here until around 6 pm ish. At any rate I brought the boxes upstairs this morning. One was from QVC and one from Nike.  A little side note ... I discovered gogo inflight was handy in passing the time in the airplane while listening to my book at the same time. I also discovered that in a confined time and area (where you have nothing else to do) you can do lots of shopping and it is pretty entertaining because it takes so long to do it on a small phone but the point is that I was enjoying myself ordering on the airplane on the way home. The best part is that I forgot what I ordered. I know that sounds a bit odd but on the REI website I had a member discount for 20 percent off and I noticed that if I just ordered one item at a time it would give me the 20 on each item. OH and a little known fact .. if you order one thing at a time it just comes as one things at a time instead of all in a big box that is too big to fit in the mailbox here by the house and then I have to go down to the post office and wait in that long, long, long line and it is a pain in the butt. So, the Rei stuff has just been arriving one item at a time. Just some patagonia base layers for fall time. I am not really a coat person and so I tend to either wear sweatshirts with a vest or a base layer of something by itself or with a vest. I just have not been able to locate my EB vest since the end of July when I wore it to Maries bbq at Mirror Lake. That is another story so back to the boxes. I had ordered a really cute pair of leather oxfords a Clarks bendable black shoe for fall time. I wanted to wear it with black tights and I have 2 hanna andersson skirts that are great in the winter they are just about at the knee and super comfy and so I was looking for a comfortable shoe that would pair well with the black and grey skirt. That is what I thought would be in the QVC box but instead to my suprise there was a pair of black 2 inch heel leather boots. The shorter top boots that look great with a pair of jeans. OH my gosh... how super cute they are .. they have the more pointed front that I LOVE and the fact that I had completely forgotten about ordering them made it seem like a birthday present or Christmas or just a happy Friday to Brenda present. The other box had Nike shox shoes in it which are really cute but not that exciting because I have to wear them when I run because they are super comfortable and do not cause shin splints or soreness in my legs. I like to change out my shoes at least once if I am on the treadmill for 2  hours just to keep my feet dry and comfortable and then if I exercise twice a day I like to switch out shoes. So, a great morning already and it is only 8:15 in the morning. :)

It was snowing yesterday. Just a tiny bit for just a tiny amount of time. It was overcast all day and it really felt like it might snow which it did but I love this time of year when it is crisp outside. I also love watching the snow fall outside the window when I am snug and warm in the house. Adrienne will be down tonight. Pretty excited about that. Here are some pictures of the last day on vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home