Wed thoughts
1. I am once again waiting for Rainey to finish her bath or rather finish her part of the bath so that I can do her hair. She was motivated this morning because she wants to get ready for the "ice cream social" at school but I explained it did not start until this afternoon but she wants to be ready. Who am I to stand in the way of progress (first thing in the morning)!
2. I have the upstairs living room and bedroom picked up but not CLEAN. Clean is when I bring up a bucket to fill with warm soapy water and wipe down all the dust and organize the shelves ect. Picked up just means it is not driving me crazy at the moment. I am hoping to get it CLEAN by Saturday afternoon. I also have to clean downstairs since we are having book club here on Sunday but its not that bad since it was clean and organized for the birthday party and then we have been gone.
3. I am not sure what happened to the summer helper. He came over on Monday and mowed the yard but I was hoping to get started on some indoor projects before winter gets here. I did order 24 clear storage containers from Target. This is to get everything in containers in the dojo and all the clothes in the cabin. I may end up doing all of this by myself but if I could coordinate with him and clear a few days we could get it all accomplished. BTW the reason I order stuff like that from Target is free shipping and they are delivered right to the door. I do not have to go to Target and wrestle with such a large number of containers.
4. Wet and rainy here. I am enjoying the cool weather before we head to hot, humid Houston next week. I really cannot stand the weather in Houston in August but one cannot change ones birthday just to accommodate me and my desire for cooler weather. I will have to say that it was much cooler in Phoenix this last visit then it was back in July.
5. I wanted to reflect back on the summer and all that I planned to get accomplished almost 3 months ago. I wanted to do more academics with Rainey but we mainly ended up playing learning games and that is ok. She had fun and I am sure she got something from Sight word bingo:) and Sum swamp and sight word zingo and on and on so all in all I think it worked out pretty good just not as direct of instruction as I had planned at the beginning of the summer. She attended two week long soccer camps, one Bricks for kidz camp, one Frozen dance camp, one Princess dance camp, one Girl Scout week long camp, Science camp, and was on a soccer team this summer. We also went to Arizona three times, Oregon one time and had the awesome birthday party. I think it was a productive summer.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home