OK
More of a rambling post. I am almost over my "whatever" it was I had. I am thinking it was allergies just because the symptoms were so different from my normal cold. Also, Tom and Rainey did not get it and I think if it was a cold they would have caught it by now after being in such close proximity to me coughing and blowing my nose :) my nose is so sore that I can barely stand it. I can actually touch it now without wanting to cringe but good lord ... I think it was the blowing dust in Arizona that caused it i.e. allergies.
The great room is starting to look good. The flooring on the mezzanine level is going to be started today and then carpet on the stairs. And one small wall downstairs to sheetrock and finish. It has been a mess. Things we are going to hold on for a while. The gas fireplace insert. It appears we need a 48 inch fireplace to fit in the space we have and then it needs to have a ladder built inside the flu? going up and out the ceilings which is why they are holding on one part up by the fireplace. Then the fireplace mantel which has to be ordered and sounds like a hassle. Flooring on the great room floor. I want to live in it for a while before deciding. Then a few walls to close up but are open because of wires and electrical still needing to be put in. BUT what has been done in the past 3 months is amazing and looks fabulous. Everything is stark white with a dark brown trim. Super pretty. I will take pictures once the scaffolding is gone.
It is still cold but starting to warm up into the 20's each day which in the afternoon feels wonderful. I am happy that St. Patricks day is on Saturday and I can take down all the green decorations and put up Easter ones on Sunday. I have a ton of wonderful Easter decorations. I just needed to find them which started a project to clean out the storage room or rather get the 5 Christmas trees out to the shed instead of taking up space in the storage room. And of course it feels like the house has a level of sheetrock dust on EVERYTHING.. we have been cleaning it as we go but it seems to always be there. Kind of a dusty, yucky feeling instead of fresh and clean.
I finally have my last load of laundry from the trip done and in the dryer. Now I just have Toms laundry and his skydiving suit. His DG shoes are filthy and I might throw those in the wash as well just to get them nice and clean.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home