Friday evening
Hi to everyone out there in blog land. Tom, Rainey and I went to Anchorage this afternoon to pick up the mail and then went over to Barnes and Nobles so that Tom could get some Blues CD's and RB could shop for some Dora movies (she found 5) and some books. She asked if she could spend the night tonight with us and since we love having her spend the night we called and asked her momma and she said sure. Usually Friday night is our night but Renae has something going on last night and so we were going to switch but it worked out good for her to be here tonight.
Saturdays used to consist of Tom having his massage from 9 to 10:30 and I would take RB to dance at 9 am but she is not quite ready for loving dance yet. Maybe I will try again in January. At any rate then we would meet him and I would have my massage and he would take RB to Mcdonalds for Papa and Rainey time .. which will happen tomorrow. I am writing this a bit odd because I am halfway watching Wuzzby on tv and RB bouncing next to me.. somewhat of a distraction. :)
I did not get to talk much about our trip to FBks. We got there last Friday night and stayed in a campground on the Chena River. We were one spot over from the river. We decided to park the motorhome and rent a car while we were there and that way we would not have to drive the camper everywhere. So, Adrienne took me over to the airport and I got the rental car, then we went to the Pump HOuse for dinner AND got a spot on the deck for dinner which is normally impossible... so imposible it has never happened before... Tom and I shared a bucket of crab for an appetizer and then I had a filet only for my dinner.. they have the best filet. Then we went to see Adrienne's cabin and to have a fire out at the fire pit... back to campground and to bed for a huge day on Saturday.
Saturday we went to see Santa Clause at his house. I called ahead of time to find out when he would be there and then to El Dorado gold mine. Rainey and I got 20 dollars in gold when we panned which we turned into a 14 karat gold necklace that I will give to her when she gets older. It was a bit .. or a lot a bit on the spendy side. Adrienne and Jeff combined theirs for a total of 40 dollars in gold and she got 14 karat gold errings.. again.. very spendy but well worth it.. good times, good memories and great company. Back to the camper and off to dinner .. before going to the fair.. normally we "do" dinner at the fair but I am not eating that food right now so had to have some "healthy" food before going.. I had two bites of the funnel cake and that was it....go Brenda.. good job. I did my measurements the other day and have lost 16 inches overall since I started... that and 40 pounds and I am off to a good start..
Sunday we went to Alaskaland and then back to the Pumphouse for dinner.. our favorite.. actually Pikes is my favorite in the summer. I love sitting on the deck and love their halibut and fries but again.. not eating that right now.. back to the Pumphouse for more "protien" ... we played cards in the camper with the kids .. Tom won.. but we all had a good time.. we left Monday morning.. returned the camper on Tuesday.. Rainey loves "camping" she asked when we could do it again.. hmmmm not for a while.. I am thinking flying and the hotel are more my style.. speaking of flying and hotel we are going to Arizona over Labor day weekend. Tom is going to be doing some acrobatic flying and I am going to be indulging in spa services and the pool... ok.. so that is about it for now.
I still have to blog about the birthday party.. but I am hosting bookclub here on Sunday.. our book is The Room..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home