9/24
I posted a bunch of pictures so you need to scroll down and to older posts to see them all.
We have been really busy. For Labor Day we went up to Palm Springs to the JW Marriott which is one of our families favorite places. It was 105 degrees which made the pool feel delicious and cool. You can see a view from our room. Rainey asked for that room because she wanted to see the flamingos. We took our time getting up there.. stopping at the outlet mall on the way.. we got there around 4 pm and swam for a while, came back to the room (for a short nap for grandma) and then down to dinner at the Mikado.. again one of our favorites. We then got snacks and got in our jammies.. another picture of Rainey in her jammies at the JW and we watched Disney's Inside Out. Tom and I actually watched the entire thing.. normally we fall asleep :) back the next day around noon when Tom had to leave for the airport at 4pm and Rainey and I had to leave for her audition technique class....
The next day September 9th after Rainey's voice over class here at the apartment and afterwards I decided to take off for St. George to visit my cousin Gail and Aunt Margy. It takes about 5 hours driving from here . We just went for the night.
I am way behind on my blogging. It is actually October 9th today and here I am typing about September 9th. I will just touch on some highlights in order to catch up. I have been putting on some pictures so hopefully that helps.
I had to go up to Anchorage to sign some tax papers so I left out of Burbank on Sept 14th (Monday) at 6:35 and made it to Anchorage around midnight. I guess I need to add some details as I go along. Right now Adrienne has our black truck or we refer to is as the black truck for a few reasons. One being that she is watching Pepper for us and it is wearing on her a little bit and so it was a bit of an incentive to have a second vehicle available to them and the second is that it helps us with not having to pay 125.00 a week at the airport parking. So, what she does when we come into town is to drop off the truck about a half hour before we land and that way it is ready for us to drive home. This time I was tired, it was dark and raining and I had not been to the house by myself to spend the night so by the time I was out at the house it was 1:30 am and the house and property were dark and spooky looking with most of the outdoor lights burned out since we had not been home in a few weeks. Long story short I headed back out and went to a motel to spend the night because I needed sleep and I knew I would just lay in the bed at home listening for noises and not get much sleep. Also we have the two cats and when we have not been home in a while they come up by the bedroom door and make these horrible noises like someone is being tortured to death which adds to the creepiness. Also we have never changed the door locks in the whole time we have been there and we know from the cameras that we have had uninvited guests while we are gone so I was not interested in running into one of those at 2 in the morning. I got 4 hours of sleep at the hotel and was back at the house in the daylight and got my work done and headed to town to spend the day with Adrienne. We had lunch at Barnes and NObles and went to Chuckee Cheese (Halen was with us) and then Adrienne rode back to the valley with me...I had to exchange the Yukon for the truck and throw some stuff in my suitcases and lock up the house and cabin. We had a great conversation on the way out and back into Anchorage where we picked up Jess and we all went to La Mex for dinner and then they dropped me off at the airport and I was back on nonstop to LAX. The best part was when I got back it was 5 am in the morning and normally we just pick up who is coming back and forth at the curb so I let Tom knw I was walking down the hallway to baggage and would be out in a few minutes. I actually walked outside to look around and see if I saw the car but I did not and so back inside I went walking slowly waiting for the baggage to start and as I headed to the far end I looked at the chairs thinking I might sit for a minute and when I did guess who I saw?.... It was such a treat and joy to see Tom and Rainey waiting for me inside..... It was a good morning.
Ok so we are at September 15th.. gives me a few days to catch up.. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home