Good Morning - December 8th
1. Organizing my thoughts and what I need to do on my blog is actually a helpful way to get started on all that needs to get done.
2. Had book club at the house yesterday. It was our Christmas book club. I had planned to make cheesecake and I did make the cheesecake but I made it on Saturday so it would be ready on Sunday. Well, actually I think it was more that "I " wanted a taste of the cheesecake on Saturday instead of waiting until Sunday but at any rate I made the cheesecake. Adrienne called after that and said that she and Jess were coming out to help me clean out the dojo and they would be here around 4:30 pm. At any rate I used the cheesecake for dinner on Saturday but it still had half left on Sunday morning. I took it out to thaw (the crust gets hard in the fridge) and then I was walking in the kitchen and there was Tato (the cat) eating the cheesecake. I will admit I did consider still serving it but only for a few seconds and new I had to ditch the cheesecake and it was soooo good. We ended up having rice krispy treats and lots of Christmas chocolate. Kind of dismal situation considering I paid 4.59 for a can of blueberry to go on the cheesecake and 4.59 for a can of cherries. I mention the price because I did think they were spendy but since it WAS our Christmas book club I was going to make it nice and there you have that story.
3. Our book to discuss yesterday was the Burgess Boys which I thought was a pretty good book. Our book for January 18th is going to be Mrs. Tom Thumb. Nancy has been pushing for that book for about two years now and I think Sharon felt sorry for her and so suggested we read it and since Sharon hardly ever suggests a book or takes a stand on a book we are going to be reading the book. :) End of Feb is going to be Jodi Picoult and The Storyteller and then beginning of April is The Alchemist. We are picking books way ahead of time because I can order them used off of Amazon dirt cheap and then I just hand them out at the book club before the next one is due and it works out really well except for one person out of five does not like picking the books in advance and proceeds to tell us at every book club her displeasure in the situation.
4. Rainey has her Christmas music program at school tomorrow night at 7 pm. We also have girl scouts here at the house tomorrow. I have not had GS in a while because my back was hurting and I was trying to get it under control. I started seeing a Chiropractor which has helped along with massages and acupuncture and so can go a day or so without hurting and now realize that stretching really helps. But I was not talking about my back I was mentioning that Rainey is going to be a candy cane fairy and the costume we have put together is amazing........ I will post pictures !!
5. Well that is all I have time for this morning.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home